Ryan Preece Wins Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 at Charlotte
Myers Collects Second Tour Championship
CONCORD, N.C. (Oct. 6, 2016) – Ryan Preece made an impressive pass by George Brunnhoelzl III and went on to win the Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 Thursday night on the quarter-mile track at Charlotte Motor Speedway for his third win on the southern tour.
While Preece celebrated the win, Burt Myers enjoyed winning his second NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour championship. Myers, also scored his first tour title in 2010 at CMS, won three times on the 2016 schedule and held the lead throughout the season.
The Walnut Cove, N.C. driver entered the season finale just needing to take the green flag to celebrate and deny Andy Seuss a third straight crown.
Brunnhoelzl held on to finish second in the race and also pass Seuss for second in the final standings.
James Civali finished third in the race with Danny Bohn and Bobby Measmer Jr. completing the top five.
Burt Myers was sixth followed by Seuss, Kyle Bonsignore, Jason Myers, and Trey Hutchens III completed the top 10.
Bonsignore also secured the Sunoco Rookie of the Year Award competing in every race on the schedule.
The Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 will be televised on NBCSN on Friday, Oct. 14 at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Burt Myers is the third champion to be crowned in the NASCAR Touring division and he'll join the other six touring and weekly series champions from across the globe on Saturday, Dec. 10 in Charlotte for the NASCAR Night of Champions Touring Awards celebration.
The event will be held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame at the Charlotte Convention Center for the seventh consecutive year.
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour-Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 Results Thursday
At Charlotte Motor Speedway Quarter-Mile - Concord, N.C.
Lap length: 0.25 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (6) #77 Ryan Preece, Berlin, Conn., Chevrolet, 150 laps, 45.856 mph.
2. (1) #28 George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
3. (9) #79 James Civali, Meriden, Conn, Pontiac, 150.
4. (8) #40 Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 150.
5. (7) #74 Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (5) #1 Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
7. (3) #11 Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (11) #22 Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 150.
9. (12) #4 Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
10. (14) @14 Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
11. (4) #15 Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 149.
12. (2) #5 Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 149.
13. (10) #97 Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 147.
14. (16) #70 Shawn Balluzo, Newport News, VA, Chevrolet, 147.
15. (15) #8 Dalton Baldwin, Dunedin, Fla., Chevrolet, 116, handling.
16. (13) #99 A.J. Winstead, Bon Air, Va., Chevrolet, 70, handling.
Time of Race: 49 minutes 4 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.945 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: G.Brunnhoelzl, III (61.071 mph, 14.737 seconds)
Caution Flags: 6 for 26 laps.
Lead Changes: 7 among 2 drivers.
Lap Leaders: G. Brunnhoelzl,III 1-25; R. Preece 26; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 27-36; R. Preece 37; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 38-102; R. Preece 103-136; G. Brunnhoelzl,III 137; R. Preece 138-150.
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 465; 2. G. Brunnhoelzl,III, 445; 3. A. Seuss, 442; 4. D. Bohn, 432; 5. B. Measmer,Jr., 426; 6. J. Myers, 418; 7. K. Bonsignore, 401; 8. J. Gerstner, 379; 9. K. Ebersole, 310; 10. G. Putnam, 310.
* Denotes Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender